It's no exaggeration to say that my life feels empty when I'm not reading. I've got stacks of books on my nightstand, desk, coffee table, kitchen countertop, and family room floor. Don't even get me started about the bathroom.
I've usually got 2 or 3 going at once - a novel or short story collection (to escape), a memoir, how-to or self-help (to learn, stretch), and a book of poetry (to be inspired).
Here are my faves from 2015 in no particular order!
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer
- Tenth of December (short stories) by George Saunders
- The Diver's Clothes Lie Empty by Vendela Vida
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- To Bless the Space Between Us by John O'Donohue
- M Train by Patti Smith
- Rumi: The Book of Love (poetry) translated by Coleman Barks
Currently I'm reading (and loving) 13 Ways of Looking a short story collection by Collum McCann, who wrote Let the Great World Spin.
Tell me what you're reading -- or have read and loved! I'm looking for some good reading material for the new year!